PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Important: Each volunteer must read and sign the "Release and Waiver of Liability" before volunteering to assist an event or program.
I, the Volunteer, desire to volunteer for The Texas Good Deeds Project, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Texas, and its directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, the " The Texas Good Deeds Project, " or “TGDP" - hereinafter referred to as "TGDP") and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for projects, events, or programs; and I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, understand and acknowledge that volunteering with animals may be dangerous and can lead to serious injury and/or death. Furthermore, I understand and agree to personally assume any and all liability and risks of volunteering for TGDP. In consideration of TGDP 's agreement to allow me to participate in its volunteer program, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless TGDP, its officials, agents, officers, representatives and successors from every penalty, cause of action, claim, loss, cost, damage, reasonable attorney's fees, lien and/or expense arising out of performance of volunteer activities for TGDP or for any failure of observation of any rules, regulations or policies of TGDP shall not be liable for damages to me arising from any act, third party or animal. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless TGDP from and against all claims including but not limited to negligence and gross negligence of whatever nature arising from any of my future negligent acts, omissions or negligence, or arising from any accident, injury or damage whatsoever caused to any person, animal or to the property of any person occurring while I am volunteering with TGDP. I also understand that TGDP does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the Volunteer, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of TGDP beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of TGDP in the event of such injury or medical expense. I also acknowledge that TGDP has not arranged and does not carry any insurance of any kind for volunteers.
3. Assumption of the Risk. I, the Volunteer, understand that my time with TGDP may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to: (i) loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from fosters, vet partners or event sites; and (ii) event setup involving the movement of chairs, tables, signs and heavy sound/lighting equipment. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release TGDP from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with TGDP.
4. Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge TGDP from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency and non-emergency during my time with TGDP.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey consent to the unrestricted use, by TGDP (and those acting with its permission and authority), of any and all media taken, in whole or in part, unlimited use, for all purposes in any form or medium, including, without limitation, its use through or on any electronic media, including the Internet.
6. Privacy. I, the Volunteer, understand and agree not to disclose privately or publicly any Confidential Information such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential or work addresses, as well as any type of Media, including pictures, video and audio of individuals or families receiving assistance from TGDP as well as other volunteers, myself or other staff members of TGDP. General information, policy statements or statistical material that is not clearly identified as general information about any individual or family is not classified as confidential. Staff members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information relating to other staff members and volunteers, in addition to clients.
7. Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
I, the Volunteer, understand and agree that as a volunteer, I am not an employee of TGDP, and I am not entitled to any compensation or benefits of any kind. By signing below, I hereby agree that I will not object to or challenge the protocols and procedures outlined by TGDP. This includes, but is not limited to: not entering unauthorized areas, not touching animals that are in unauthorized areas, handling animals according to TGDP policy and procedure, following event protocols, and remaining professional and courteous to all TGDP volunteers, visitors and individuals that interact with TGDP at public events. Violations of any of these guidelines is ground for immediate removal from the premises and termination of all future volunteer opportunities.