Canadian Winter Revenge 2019
With Canadian River Valley Revenge
18 - 19 January 2019
Westridge Wolf Willow Community Hall, 505 Wolf Willow Road NW
Edmonton, AB, Canada
About the Event
- provide food, drinks, aid and moral support for racers on course - act as personal crew to anticipate needs and provide timely support
- provide race commentary to engage participants - provide race briefing as needed - make announcements as needed - mention sponsors at regular intervals
- prepare food on BBQ and serve to participants - Food Safety certificate is required (can be purchased by RVR for those who don't have it and would like to get it)
- Monitor beer garden to ensure no minors enter and no beer leaves - Collect free beer tickets from racers - Hand out beer - Collect money for beer purchases - Report any issues or concerns to race director
Responsible for assisting aid stations and course marshals with equipment and supplies.
- use ribbons and ground flour to mark course - must commit to a minimum 10-km section of the course - familiarity with the course is beneficial - experience with course marking is recommended
- provide directions to racers on course. - must have vehicle/bike to get to locations. Some back-to-back locations require vehicle/bike in between locations for timely arrival before racers.
Expo Racer Package Pick-upfull
Hand out racer swag. Be friendly and helpful. Don't worry: you don't need to answer every question. If unsure about something, the Race Director or Course Designer will be available to support you.
Expo RVR Boothfull
Set up RVR vendor booth. Sell products. Answer questions or direct individuals to someone who can answer their questions. Race Director will be present to assist. Familiarity with using Apple Square is helpful but not required.
- welcome finishers with high fives, cheers, and noise makers - Three Roles: medal, ultra cap, timing
Finish Line set-upfull
- set up arch, tents, tables, and chute - set up signage
Finish Line Timerfull
- tracks finish times on electronic device (provided) - identifies podium finishers for each distance
- Prepare food for aid stations - Prepare volunteer bagged lunches
- prepare food and drinks for BBQ that doesn't require cooking/serving - does not require a Food Safety certificate
Set up luminaria at Race HQ.
Medal Presentations - Track 'n Trail 5Kfull
- present podium awards to Track 'n Trail Teaser top 3 finishers - present trophy to Top Team
- Paramedic, Advanced First Aid, St. John's Ambulance - Certificate required as proof of completed training - Works at a designated aid station to provide first aid and medical care to injured racers - Emergencies are a 9-1-1 call and should not be handled by the medic
- Ensure that race participants do not park in the community hall parking lot. Street parking is available. - Marshall the cross-walk at the start of the races at HQ.
- able to volunteer time and talents in exchange for race promotion on social media and website - able to attach race logo to photos - able to provide race photos within 3-6 days after race
Race HQ Coordinatorfull
- oversee interior and exterior set-up of equipment, supplies, services, and BBQ
Race HQ Set-up
- Assist Race HQ Coordinator
- check in racers before their event - hand out race kits to those who didn't yet pick theirs up - confirm that waivers are signed - answer any last-minute questions or direct racers to ask the Race Director/Course Designer on site
RVR Vendor Booth
Sell RVR products.