The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for RE Farm and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include, but are not limited to: land preparation, tilling of soil, composting, seeding, weeding, harvesting, washing of produce, construction, educational events and workshops, fundraising, or administrative work, and delivery of produce boxes and other items on behalf of Revolutionary Earth.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (“The Release”) is executed on [date], by (“The Volunteer”) in favor of Revolutionary Earth, a non-profit habitat restoration and urban farming organization, including all directors, officers, employees, homeowners, and agents (collectively, “RE Farm”).
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER: The Volunteer releases and holds harmless RE Farm from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise from volunteer work for the duration of the time that the volunteer commits to working actively with RE Farm. The Volunteer understands that the Release discharges RE Farm from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against RE Farm with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from his/her participation on any of the land used by RE Farm. The Volunteer also fully understands that RE Farm does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage. The Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of RE Farm.
The Volunteer waives, releases and discharges RE Farm, its trustees, officers and employees from any claims, demands, costs, causes of action, or damage as a result of property loss or damage, or personal injuries sustained to himself/herself and to passengers of a vehicle that the Volunteer operates during participation in the distribution of produce and other RE Farm activities. Furthermore, the Volunteer intends this waiver and release to be legally binding on his/her heirs, executors, administrators, estate and assigns.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: The Volunteer hereby releases RE Farm from any claim whatsoever which arises or may arise in the future on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services that are conducted in connection with an emergency during his/her time with RE Farm.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: The Volunteer understands that his/her time with RE Farm may include various activities that may be hazardous to him/her, including but not limited to strenuous manual labor, working with hand tools and other gardening equipment, lifting heavy objects, exposure to the elements, and injury from insects and/or animals. The Volunteer also assumes all of the risks associated with driving a motor vehicle. The Volunteer expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases RE Farm from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of his/her time with RE Farm.
4. RIGHT TO DECLINE WORK: The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. The Volunteer agrees to advise RE Farm of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity, including the activity of delivering produce using a motor vehicle, motorized bicycle or scooter, or bicycle.
5. INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that RE Farm carries general liability insurance and limited medical insurance up to $5,000 to cover injuries to volunteers in association with work performed for RE Farm. However, RE Farm does not carry disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY: The activities associated with the physical locations at which Revolutionary Earth maintains licensing agreements with property owners to do work are private property. The personal information, including the name, address, phone number, and email address, of any homeowner or business owner who enters into a licensing agreement with Revolutionary Earth ("Steward") is provided to the Volunteer solely for the purpose of and in connection with the current relationship to provide work on behalf of Revolutionary Earth. The activities associated with delivery of material goods to a subscriber ("The Subscriber") of RE Farm's services include disclosure of the personal information of subscribers to delivery drivers. The personal information of the Subcriber may include name, home address, phone number, email address, or location of the Subscriber's place of employment. Any personal information shared to the Volunteer may only be shared with another Volunteer who has also signed a liability waiver with RE Farm or with any of RE Farm's directors, officers, employees, homeowners, and agents under the same conditions, to wit, solely for the purpose of enabling the Volunteer to perform any of the work outlined in this Agreement. The Volunteer agrees to keep the personal information of any and all Stewards and Subscribers of RE Farm confidential by way of exercising a reasonable degree of care and agrees not to disclose any of this personal information to any third parties unless otherwise provided for in this Agreement. The Volunteer also agrees not to keep a record of the personal information of the Stewards and Subscribers of RE Farm unless engaged in any of the activities described in this Agreement. The Volunteer agrees to dispose of the record of the Steward's and the Subscriber's personal information upon the expiration of the terms of this waiver, and notwithstanding the foregoing, the Volunteer's duties to keep any personal information dislosed during the term of this Agreement confidential shall remain in effect indefinitely.
7. VALIDITY OF RELEASE: The Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Minnesota in the United States of America, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. The Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.