As a volunteer with the Fernie Pets Society, I understand and agree to the following:
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in volunteer activities with the Fernie Pets Society (hereinafter referred to as FPS), I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the FPS, their officers, agents, servants, or employees (hereinafter referred to as releasees) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in such a volunteer activity, or while in, on, or upon the premises where the volunteer activity is being conducted.
2. Except as authorized, during my service as a volunteer, I will not use the FPS facilities and equipment, not disclose, release or make use of any confidential or personal information that has been shared with, or acquired by me except in accordance with my assigned duties as a volunteer.
3. I will not receive any remuneration, salary, wage, payment or any employee benefits whatsoever, and I further understand that there is no employment relationship as a result of my volunteer activity. Further, I understand that the FPS may in its sole discretion reassign me or terminate my services as a volunteer, without notice or compensation.
4. My volunteer activity may involve personal risk and could result in property damage or bodily injury, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate with full knowledge that said volunteer activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, whether caused by the negligence of the FPS or otherwise.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages or costs arising from my actions as a volunteer, unless such claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages or costs are attributable to my good faith performance of authorized volunteer activities. I hereby release, waive and discharge the FPS from all liability to my heirs, executors, administrators, assignees for all losses or damage and any claims or demands for such loss or damage on account of injury to person or property.
6. I am aware of the nature and effect of the Release of All Claims and Waiver of Liability form that I am signing. I acknowledge having read, understood, and agree to the above conditions, release and waiver.
I understand that the Fernie Pets Society will not share my personal information with third parties.