MUSA has created a Code of Conduct to inform volunteers on the standards of behaviour we expect from you. We ask MUSA volunteers to act honestly, conscientiously, reasonably and in good faith when carrying out their duties and in their relationships or interactions with other people.
We expect from MUSA volunteers that you:
- Adhere to MUSA's general policies, including the Health & Safety policy (Available on www.musa.org.nz).
- Be present at the agreed times.
- Inform the Student Engagement Coordinator if you are not able to volunteer.
- Follow reasonable instructions for tasks you signed up for.
- Carry out your tasks fully in a safe, efficient and competent way.
- Be respectful to and supportive of fellow volunteers in your team.
- Are courteous and supportive to the public.
- Wear MUSA volunteer tops whenever possible during your tasks.
- Refrain from adding items of personal persuasion to your MUSA volunteer top.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any information obtained while volunteering.
- Observe safety procedures such as notifying MUSA as soon as possible about the hazard or potential hazards when you encounter them.
- Notify the Student Engagement Coordinate if you are no longer able to volunteer.
As a MUSA volunteer, please do not:
- Act in a way that may bring MUSA into disrepute (including the use of email, social media and other internet sites, engaging with media).
- Use your position as a volunteer to benefit yourself by seeking gifts, offers or rewards.
- Engage in any activity that may cause physical or mental harm of yourself or another person (such as verbal abuse, physical abuse, assault, sexual or racial harassment, bullying).
- Be adversely affected by alcohol, medication or non-prescription drugs while volunteering.
- Engage in any activity that may wilfully damage our property.
- Have unauthorised possession of property belonging to anyone else
Breaches of the Code of Conduct may lead to a notification of unacceptable behaviour and a warning or the immediate end to your services as a MUSA volunteer. Repeated breaches of the Code of Conduct will lead to the immediate end of your services as a MUSA volunteer.