Volunteer Board Member
With Geneva Centre for Autism
1 August - 31 August 2021
112 Merton St
Toronto, ON, M4S 2Z8, Canada
About the Event
Volunteer Board of Directors
Our Organization: Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a leader in delivering clinical interventions and training. We are a not-for-profit registered charitable organization centered in Toronto specialized in developing skillset of children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).We thrive to enable these individuals and their families to fully participate in their community. We aim to:
• Build capacity and skills of individuals, families, community agencies and professionals to support individuals with ASD in realizing their full potential.
• Lead in high quality autism education, training, support and program grounded in excellence.
• Raise awareness and understanding of ASD and promote the right of all individuals with ASD to be treated with dignity and respect.
• Lead by learning. Our educational platform has reached over 32,000 professionals in 94 countries
Our Sonderly training is a leader in training educators and practitioners to support people with ASD. Sonderly is the first and only enterprise solution selling online content designed for practical use. Our bi-annual Symposium is internationally renowned and attracts guests and speakers from a multitude of countries. Our 2020 virtual Symposium inspires people around the globe to build a stronger community no matter where they are!
If you would like to contribute to our vision, we want to hear from you!
Term: A 2-year renewable term
Number of available positions: 3
Qualifications and Experience:
At this time, we are specifically looking for leaders with experience in human resources or finance. Business development experience is nice to have. As a leader, you seek to volunteer with an organization that it committed to supporting and enhancing the lives of people with ASD and their families. You also have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy the challenge of moving an organization forward. You have experience in:
• Not-for-Profit management;
• Strategic planning;
• The education or training sectors; and/or
• Human Recourses
• Corporate finance
Expectations: Directors are expected to commit the necessary time to attend monthly board meetings (typically 10 per year), an Annual General Meeting and other special meetings and participate in a board committee. Our committees are Audit & Finance, Human Resources, Governance and Real Estate. We own 3 buildings on Merton Street in Toronto (Yonge/Davisville).
• Meetings take place in the downtown/midtown area of Toronto.
• Meetings and preparation time is about 4 hours a month, plus time for any committee activities.
• Directors are expected to review all board materials distributed in advance of meetings.
• Directors are also expected to include our Foundation in their annual charitable contributions.
How to apply: Please click the link below for the application. Once complete send your application form to Rhonda Hatrick
Contact: Rhonda Hatrick
Geneva Centre for Autism, 112 Merton Street, Toronto, ON M4S 2Z8