As we respond to this opportunity to serve our partners, here are best practices that we are asking everyone to follow for safety as well as to reduce the spread of the virus.
Please arrange to volunteer at another time if:
• You have had contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone quarantining because of a presumed positive test result or who personally believes to be infected because of symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, loss of appetite, fever, fatigue, loss of taste or smell
• You have had a fever in the last 14 days or been exposed to anyone with a fever.
• You have recently traveled internationally or to/from a high-risk location.
• Volunteers age 15-17 must be accompanied by a parent. No one under the age of 15 will be allowed to volunteer at this time.
• Only those who have registered will be able to volunteer. Please make an account for all family members and register appropriately.
• Please note that we cannot sign off on court-ordered community service hours without prior notification. If you would like to volunteer for court-ordered community service, please email email@example.com
• If possible, maintain a distance of at least 6 feet.
• Practice proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Do not touch your face with unwashed hands. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
• After you volunteer, wash all clothing daily (including jackets) and practice proper personal hygiene daily.